Monday, April 1, 2013

Final Crisis is Final

I was doing a read-along of Final Crisis from DC, written by Grant Morrison and drawn by J.G. Jones. I stopped doing this after the 3rd issue. The series has been over for almost five years if not more than. So I'm not honestly spoiling anything for anyone that cares. However, after finishing the series I honestly don't think I could write more about it than I already have, other than how it ended. Batman dies while shooting a gun at Darkseid with a Radion laced round(the same that killed Orion). Superman stops the anti-life equation by bringing a bunch of Elseworld Supes to stop Mandrakk who attempts to fill the void of a failing universe. Also, Superman uses some Miracle Machine granted to him by Braniac 5 from the 30th century, and reduces the entire population to petri dishes to save them after Wonder Woman somehow breaks her gasp from said equation after destroying he crappy mask and using her lasso of truth to break the bonds of the humans from Darkseid's control with truth. Convoluted as that may seem, it's much worse to describe in the blog. So I'm not bothering. I'd suggest reading it yourself, or looking up a summary of the events on a Wiki. Sorry, I guess I just picked the wrong thing to do a read-along with. This is not to say I want do another Read-Along, but it does say I will choose more wisely in the future. Also, this isn't to say it's poorly written, Morrison did a great job, and Jones did well conveying the plot. It would just be too taxing to do what I was doing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment