Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Daredevil is Awesome

DD was confirmed back in the hands of Marvel Studios today, by Kevin Feige: here's an article about it. Daredevil has recently become one of my favorite characters and books from Marvel. Mark Waid's run really had a lot to do with this. Whether it's saving blind kids from a wrecked bus ontop of a snowy mountain, or making the reader hate Foggy Nelson and then make you feel bad you did. Daredevil recently has been a pound for pound great superhero book. The art is top-notch and much like Fraction's Hawkeye fits well with the type of story we're reading.
Last week Daredevil #25 was my favorite book that came out. Hence why I didn't really write a pull-list bit. The new villain they introduced and his shocking twist towards the end just made me happy. Even his design and attitude feels like a callback to Frank Miller's run on the book. Ninjas are cool again. I really want to know where we go next on this crazy roller coaster known as Matt Murdock's Melancholy Life. The turns and reels of emotion when he falls and then comes back to triumph are perfect comic book mechanics. That's why I'm saying it now DD is my favorite current on-going book. I may do a top-ten of this in the future... So uh, spoilers.
Ideas of how to introduce Daredevil into the Marvel movie universe? Someone on Reddit had a great idea for street level hero movies eventually combining in a New Avengers movie. I like this, and also this would give a good home for the Dr. Strange movie coming out soon. Iron Fist, DD, and Hawkeye on the same screen?! Yes please.

Suggested Listening Red Batman approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment