Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Batman and Robin's Prof. Pyg Versus Beware the Batman's

So Beware the Batman is coming out soon. One of their villains has no chance in hell of being true to it's bone. That poor bastard is Professor Pyg! First gracing his smug oinks in Grant Morrison's post Bruce death Batman and Robin series. He did become something of a significant villain with the first three issues. His hack and slash attitude, and poetic non-sense leads him to a combination of the Mad Hatter and The Joker of insane crack cocaine. He literally carved the faces of his child victims off and replaced them with faces of that he felt suited his life all the whilst quoting Darwin's Origin of Species.
Oink, Oinkety, Oinkety, Oink
How in the 9 levels of Hell could this character possibly translate to a cartoon presented by Cartoon Network's series Beware the Batman?! I have no clue, but I do intend to show you how it will not work. It even makes Damian Wayne vomit with rage! I have to say I do understand the need to re-invigorate new readers/viewers of Batman with villains that are contemporary  but maybe Pyg isn't the right choice... Oink Oinkety, Oinkety, Oink. I mean I could understand Black Mask who is featured in "Under the Red Hood" a movie I really liked, but still not suitable for children under the age of 12? He could be re-worked to fit the mold and break away from the Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, and Mr. Freeze.
Regardless of that this villain was introduced after Bruce's death, post Final Crisis. Which means the first Batman to face him was Dick Grayson, and his Boy Wonder, Damian Wayne. Maybe I should say Robin, and Batman the Boy Wonder... Even if eventually Damian grew to respect Dick, the man who taught him how to be nicer than just wanting to fight justice and for his father's memory. Nothings ever good enough!
Pre-Boston, He'd been there though.
Back to the poor children, seriously that's what Pyg does... He takes their faces and replaces them. Essentially he's just a bat-crazy(heh) individual with a penchant for saws and surgery. I really can't see how they pull this off like a poor child's face, on Cartoon Network. Professor Pyg is going to be the worst villain on that channel since they cancelled Young Justice and the Green Lantern Animated Series on the same day. Whoever that guy is serisously, I want to shank you. I wanted a Young Justice VS. Darkseid as much as I wanted Wolverine and the X-men's show heroes fighting Apocalypse. Sheesh. Channel Executives are sometimes un-caring to us fans...
I don't know how they'll handle Lazlo Valentin and his "Pig Pen", but I know it can't be regarded as a great endeavor. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. The Le Cirque D'Entrange continues without me.
Thanks
Yeap, so uh... A suggested listening is what you'd want here right? Well while re-reading Batman & Robin 1-3 and thinking about writing this article I was to listening the new Fall Out Boy CD. Yeah, that may sound gay, but meh. They grew on me and aside their recent "Light It Up" song, I have to say half their new CD isn't terribad, and I like that song a lot. I'm sure you've heard that already a lot, so let's do something different this week. The Pheonix? Oh Jean Grey!

Suggested Listening Oh Yay videos are now a regular thing! Thanks Youtube! Now imagine Prof. Pyg disco dancing to this song...

No comments:

Post a Comment