Friday, May 17, 2013

X-Factor, what the Hell

HUR, NOT THAT X-FACTOR
So, I've recently caught up with X-Factor. The Hell on Earth War just ended this week. It's one of their story-arcs where the multiple lords of Hell in the Marvel Universe clash in an attempt to kill Rhaine Sinclaire's(Wolfsbane) son, Tier. He was the 7 billionth child born in the world, and essentially was the trophy for whoever wanted to rule Hell. Of course he's quite over-powered against the Hell Lords, and slays Pluto quite handedly early on. This sets the tone for what he can do. By the way, yeah he ages pretty fast, and is nearly a "teenager" when this story starts. I guess being half demon dog has some benefits?

Some background about X-Factor; It's a cadre of mutants not dissimilar from the X-men. The original X-Factor was actually the original X-men team of Cyclops, Marvel Girl(Jean Grey), Beast, Angel, and Ice Man. They were government sanctioned and then of course replaced by Cyclop's brother, Havok's team; Strong Guy, Polaris, Multiple Man, Wolfsbane, and Quicksilver...You know what screw it, Here is the Wikipedia entry. X-factor's history is hard. I don't want to really spoil anything for the issue either.

Spoilers...

Also, this week FF came out. I liked it very much so. My love for Matt Fraction's Marvel work currently does not waiver. Bentley 23 was a class act, and of course good old Scott Lang's face from this issue now takes the place of Clint Barton(Hawkeye) on my Blog. Why do I like this series? The art is fun, the stories are fun, and I've always had a sweet spot for the Fantastic Four. Albeit the Fantastic Four book is not really doing it for me. Fraction also writes that book, but it's just not up there like this book. I really suggest getting into his FF though. A new Dr. Doom story is about to start! Also, Blackbolt was in this issue, I love me some Inhumans.

God I hope that's Parker
Ontop of all of this, I think the new Nova finally has moved from a guilty pleasure, to a great read. I hope Jeph Loeb (who is still one of my favorite writers on Batman) continues with his good work on the series. Yeah, I'm singing a new tune, I loved Richard Rider, but Sam Alexander is slowly becoming a favorite. He still has the option of joining the Avengers in the future, as was hinted by Ed McGuinesses' Cover for issue 7.

Suggested listening. LOLOLOL SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!

Don't hate me...

1 comment:

  1. You posted the picture but didn't post about new warriors. Why would you do this.

    ReplyDelete